The naming of a grammar school in Rose, Cosenza
The small grammar school in Rose, a village of 4,500 inhabitants in the province of Cosenza, Italy, is the first school in Italy dedicated to St. Josemaria Escriva. It is located on highway 19, on which St. Josemaria traveled by car on June 22, 1948, on his return from a trip through Calabria and Sicily.
The inauguration ceremony took place on Saturday, April 12, after talks by teachers and by the parish priest, Fr. Battista Belcastro, about the new saint and his teachings. Among those present were the Archbishop of Cosenza, Giuseppe Agostino, the director of the Center of Administrative Services, Antonio Santagada, the Mayor of Rose, Mario Bria, and, naturally, the students and their families.
Romana, n. 36, January-June 2003, p. 0.