Transferal of the remains of the Servant of God Isidoro Zorzano to the Church of St. Albert the Great (October 6, 2009)
The remains of the Servant of God, Isidoro Zorzano Ledesma (1902-1943), were transferred on October 6 from the La Almudena cemetery in Madrid to a vault in the parish church of St. Albert the Great, in the district of Vallecas.
Isidoro was one of the first people in Opus Dei, which he joined on August 24, 1930. In his work as an engineer and in his heroic dedication to others during the Spanish civil war, he gave continuous example of fidelity to God’s call in the middle of the world. He died on July 15, 1943, after having received the anointing of the sick from the hands of the founder of Opus Dei. His reputation for holiness quickly spread. The informative process on the reputation for sanctity, the life, and the virtues of this servant of God, took place between 1948 and 1954 in Madrid.
Romana, No. 49, July-December 2009, p. 327.